Greetings, fellow WordPress user!
I’m Gabriel Livan, a 33 years old WordPress Developer, specialized in helping clients improve the page speed of their WordPress websites (desktop and mobile view), thus resulting in more visitor retention, more sales and better user experience for their customers. According to Think With Google:
Today, it’s critical that marketers design fast web experiences across all industry sectors. People want to quickly pay bills on finance sites, get rapid results when they’re browsing vacation reviews, and view an article immediately when they click through. And if there’s too much friction, they’ll abandon the site and move on.
🚀 Some things I do to speed up WordPress pages:
Each website is unique depending on its existing optimization the list includes, but not limited to:
- Setup a Cache Plugin that is suitable for your website
- Compress Images so they will load faster without noticing any decrease in quality.
- Load images based on the visitor’s device (laptop, tablet, mobile phone etc.). For instance, for desktop view, you could have a large image, but for mobile (e.g. iPhone portrait), you could use a smaller image in size which would load quicker.
- LazyLoad for images/videos/iframes (e.g. if the user doesn’t scroll down the page where an image is located, then that image will not load)
- Leverage Browser Caching
- Enable Gzip compression which usually saves over 50% of the total file size(s)
- Database clean up so the any queries to it will be faster
- Optimize Database Queries if they are innefectively written and cause delays in execution
- CDN Setup (Content Delivery Network), a system of distributed servers that deliver web content, based on the geographic locations of the website visitor. This loads the data faster for the user from a closer location, reducing latency.
Plugins I developed for the WordPress Community:
Articles I published:
The 12 Worst Mistakes Advanced WordPress Developers Make – written for Toptal, an exclusive network of the top freelance software developers, designers, and finance experts in the world.
Platforms I use to offer my services:
Being the most professional outsourcing service for WordPress, they hire exceptional WordPress developers and connecting them with people in need of on-demand website support. Each of their 300+ skilled WordPress experts on board has gone through a rigorous testing process where only 2% succeed. I’m happy and humbled to be part of this network that helps small to large businesses in getting their work done effectively and professionally.
This is a marketplace for top developers, engineers, programmers, coders, architects, and consultants. As a network, they have a very rigorous screening process to identify the best as they look for great problem solvers with passion and drive. Of the thousands of applications Toptal sees each month, typically fewer than 3% are accepted.
In October 2016, after an in-depth skill review and live screening, I was accepted into the network.
View My Profile