This is the premium WordPress plugin version of Asset CleanUp: Page Speed Booster (Lite Edition).
What extra benefits the premium edition of Asset CleanUp offers?
The extra functionality provided by the premium version include unloading unused assets on:
- Taxonomy pages such as default WordPress’ categories, tags and custom created ones such as products’ categories from WooCommerce.
- Author pages (e.g. the page showing all posts published by a specific author, detected via
- Default WordPress Search Page
- WooCommmerce Search Page (which has the same settings as the actual shop page detected via
- Date Archive Page: this is any page that retrieves articles filtered by the date, detected via
Option to remove everything that is appended after
/wp-plugins/custom-plugin-here/style.min.css; Sometimes, query strings can cause caching issues (they are not cached by some proxy caching servers), thus, they can be removed. Read more.
Cleanup link & meta tags within the
<head> section of the website; There are elements that are enabled by default in many WordPress environments, but not necessary to be enabled, depending on the nature of your website. These include:
- Really Simple Discovery (RSD) link tag
- Windows Live Writer link tag
- REST API link tag
- Pages/Posts Shortlink tag
- Post’s Relational Links tag
- WordPress version meta tag * also good for security reasons
- All “generator” meta tags * also good for security reasons
- RSS Feed Link Tags * usually they are not needed if your website is not used for blogging purposes
Each of the mentioned elements can be turned on/off depending on your needs. Instructions about each of them is given in the plugin’s settings page.
Disable partially or completely XML-RPC protocol
» This is an API service used by WordPress for 3rd party applications, such as mobile apps, communication between blogs and plugins such as Jetpack. If you use or are planning to use a remote system to post content to your website, you can keep this feature enabled (which it is by default). Many users do not use this function at all and if you’re one of them, you can disable it.
“Test Mode” Functionality
Frequently Asked Questions
In order to use Asset CleanUp Pro, you need to have the following:
- WordPress site installed and active (not from WordPress.com, you need to have the open source software installed on your hosting package, the script from WordPress.org, see the differences here)
- PHP 5.3+ (I strongly recommend PHP 7+ as it’s much faster and will boost the speed of your website considerably)
There are various ways to check the speed of a website and this is in relation to the following: front-end (the part of the website visible to your visitors), back-end (PHP code, server-side optimization), hosting company, CDN (Content Delivery Network) setup, files loaded (making sure CSS, JS, Images, Fonts, and other elements are properly optimized when processed by the visitor’s browser).
Asset CleanUp Pro helps you out with the following:
- Make fewer HTTP requests
- Remove query strings from static resources
- Minify HTML: Cleanup elements from the HEAD section of the website, thus making the HTML source code smaller
Check out https://gtmetrix.com/ to do an analysis of your website and see the overall score your website gets in PageSpeed and YSlow and the individual score for the points that were just mentioned.
Definitely! You can use Asset CleanUp Pro for as long as you wish. If your license expires and you don’t renew it, you won’t be able to get the latest updates and support, but you can still use the plugin 100%. You don’t need to renew the license after 1 year, it can be later on whenever you need any support or new features. The renewal cost for an extra year comes with a 30% discount on the license price at that time. For instance, if you paid $39 for the license, the renewal would be just $27.3.
Yes, the plugin has been developed according to the WordPress coding standards and any theme that is properly built will be compatible with Asset CleanUp Pro. In case you have any issues, you will get help until the issue is fixed or you will get a full refund. I don’t want your money if you can’t use the plugin.
No! It does work best used together with a cache plugin such as WP Rocket. Asset CleanUp Pro will help you decrease the number of HTTP Requests. Afterward, a caching plugin will combine and minify the remaining files resulting in smaller CSS and JS cached files than if you would not have used Asset CleanUp Pro.
If that’s the case, then it’s advisable to consult with a developer (ideally the person who helped you with your website) to give you assistance in unloading the unused assets.
I’m confident that this plugin will help you improve the speed of your website and I stand by it. Thus, I’m offering a 30-day money back guarantee if Asset CleanUp Pro fails to bring you any benefits. If you request a refund, your license will be de-activated.
Happy feedback from the plugin’s users
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
I strongly believe in the quality of the plugin and if you’re not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, you can request a refund within 30 days and you will get the payment refunded.
- Latest version: 184.108.40.206
- Latest update: 9 December 2018
* Option to remove RSS Feed link tags from the section of the website
* Option to hide WordPress core files from the management list to avoid applying settings to any of them by mistake (showing the core files for unloading, async or defer are mostly useful for advanced developers in particular situations)
* Improved security of the pages by adding nonces everywhere there is an update button within the Dashboard related to the plugin
* Added confirmation message on top of the list in front-end view after an update is made (to avoid confusion whether the settings were updated or not)
220.127.116.11 - 4 December 2018
* Added "Input Fields Style" option in plugin's "Settings" which would turn the fancy CSS3 iPhone-like checkboxes to standard HTML checkboxes (good for people with disabilities who use a screen reader software or personal preference)
* Added notification in the front-end view in case WP Rocket is enabled with "User Cache" enabled
* Option to have the "Inline code associated with the handle" contracted on request as it will reduce the length of the assets management page in case there are large blocks of text making it easier to scan through the assets list
* Tested the plugin for full compatibility with PHP 7.2 (5.3+ minimum required to use it)
18.104.22.168 - 29 November 2018
* Bug Fix: When "Remove Query Strings from CSS & JS?" option was used, other needed query strings were removed besides "ver", most common in stylesheets such as Google APIs ones
22.214.171.124 - 28 November 2018
* Added the plugin's logo at the top of each Asset CleanUp Pro's page
* Added new menu icon (from the new logo) to the Dashboard's left plugin menu
* Bug Fix: If the new "All Styles & Scripts" option is chosen from "Assets List Layout" plugin's setting, make sure that "Expanded" and "Contracted" states work in any situation (page load, manual click on the + and - areas)
126.96.36.199 - 27 November 2018
* Added option to expand & contract "Styles" and "Scripts" management list and ability to choose the initial state on page load via plugin's "Settings" page
* Added extra view type layout (besides the only default one) which prints all assets as one list (Styles & Scripts) * Fixed internal error showing in Apache's log related to the calculation of the file size
188.8.131.52 - 23 November 2018
* Added "Test Mode" option which will unload assets only if the user is logged in as administrator and has the capability of activating plugins.
* Once the page loads fine and all looks good, the "Test Mode" can be disabled so the visitors will load the lighter version of the page.
184.108.40.206 - 17 November 2018
* Updated code to avoid showing errors (and trigger a fatal error on activation) in case the PHP version is lower than 5.6 as the plugin is still guaranteed to work with PHP 5.3+
1.0.9 - 15 November 2018
* Bug Fix: PHP code change to properly detect the singular pages had the wrong condition set
220.127.116.11 - 14 November 2018
* Better accuracy in detecting the file location to retrieve its size (to avoid errors such as NaN bytes); It also works fine if the path starts with '//' (without any URL scheme such as 'http' or 'https')
18.104.22.168 - 13 November 2018
* Improved assets list styling to avoid overwriting by 3rd party CSS (from other themes and plugins)
* Added option to force license activation in case there are issues with the "Activate License" button
22.214.171.124 - 10 November 2018
* Assets can be managed by an administrator that has rights to activate plugins (before just "manage_options" capability was checked)
* Added option to remove all meta generator tags from the HEAD section
* Option to disable XML-RPC protocol support (partially for Pingbacks or completely)
* PHP code cleanup for using fewer resources
126.96.36.199 - 8 November 2018
* In case the assets can't be retrieved via AJAX calls within the Dashboard, the user will be notified about it and any response errors (e.g. 500 Internal Errors) would be printed for debugging purposes
* Make the user aware that there could be also CSS files loaded from the WordPress core that should be unloaded only if the user is comfortable with that
188.8.131.52 - 31 October 2018
* Bug Fix: "Everywhere" bulk unloads could not be removed from "Bulk Unloaded" page
184.108.40.206 - 31 October 2018
* Bug Fix: When inline CSS code was attached to a handle, it would trigger an error and prevent the assets from printing in the back-end view
220.127.116.11 - 21 October 2018
* Added "Feature Request" links for both sidebar and top menus
* Less Text on the Menus (useful for the top to keep it on one line for smaller screen sizes)
* Trigger specific PHP code only in the front-end (not within the Dashboard)
18.104.22.168 - 20 October 2018
* Bug Fix: Asset list wasn't retrieved within the Dashboard view as the AJAX call returned a 500 error response due to a PHP bug
* Bug Fix: The plugin's version was updated correctly to the latest one to make Dashboard plugin updates work as usual
22.214.171.124 - 19 October 2018
* Bug Fix: Prevent notice errors from showing on the WordPress login page (for aesthetic reasons, functionality remains the same)
1.0.8 - 13 October 2018
* Added cleanup options to remove unneeded elements from the HEAD section of the website including: "Really Simple Discovery (RSD)" link tag, "Windows Live Writer" link tag, "REST API" link tag, Pages/Posts "Shortlink" tag, "Post's Relational Links" tag, "WordPress version" meta generator
* Renamed some text to make more relevance when unloading assets
* Added "Remove Query Strings from CSS & JS?"
1.0.7 - 6 October 2018
* Apply async & defer attributes to the loaded scripts
* Extra confirmation required when unloading site-wide "jQuery Migrate" and "Comment Reply" from the plugin's settings (to avoid accidental unload)
* Bug Fix: Sometimes, specific scripts were showing up on Dashboard view, but not showing on Front-end view
* Bug Fix: Getting file size was generating errors sometimes due to the wrong path to the file
1.0.6 - 19 September 2018
* Removed "@" from printing within the output result when using AJAX calls to get the assets as a delimiter to avoid conflict with Cloudflare's email protection
1.0.5 - 18 September 2018
* Added new top menu to easily access plugin's pages; Added "Pages Info" page which has explanations about the type of WordPress pages (e.g. post, page, tag etc.) that can have their assets managed through the plugin
* Added "Taxonomies", "Authors", "Search Results", "Dates" & "404 Not Found" tabs to "Bulk Unloaded" page; Removed iCheck and replaced with pure CSS to make the plugin lighter
1.0.4 - 5 September 2018
Bug Fix: JS & CSS files were not unloaded if “Manage in front-end view?” was not active (which is optional and only an admin preference)
1.0.3 - 3 September 2018
The premium plugin does not depend anymore on the Lite version so you don't need both plugins active. If you have Asset CleanUp Pro 1.0.3+, you can safely delete the Lite plugin (no worries, all the settings will be preserved)
1.0.2 - 4 August 2018